Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tin Chalkboard Planter

Never again forget what you planted in the garden with the beautiful and elegant planters. Create hand painted tin chalkboard planters that are perfect for a gardener. They make a great gift for a loved one or yourself. Even if you don't like to garden, these are fantastic. Fill them with candy or whatever you need a container for and simply label them! 

<--- LOOK! I have cactus plants in my yard!! This is only exciting because we just moved from Tampa to Phoenix (because of Patrick's work) and these beautiful plants are everywhere!

Bearcake Creations is a great blog if you are interested in fine foods, creative DIY projects, and photography tutorials. Explore the site using the labels on the right. Be sure to leave a comment or "follow" and you will absolutely brighten my day!!!

Materials:
  • Tin Planter - At Dollar Tree for $1 each
  • Gripper Paint - At Home Depot for $5.00
  • Chalkboard Paint - At Home Depot for $5.00 (Spray Paint)
  • Foam Brush or Paint Brush 


Directions:
Using a foam brush, apply the gripper to your planter - I used tin ones from the dollar store but this process will work for any planter (or anything for that matter). Once this dries, apply another coat. Remember, be generous with gripper. The container will have drying tips for both a first and second coat, follow their directions. Allow your second coat of gripper has dry.


I use spray paint chalkboard paint. I don't like to spray it over newspaper because when it dries, it sticks to your project. I prefer an old broken down box. I put the containers upside down so I didn't have to paint the inside. Place your items where you are painting or spraying.


Don't feel like making your own? I get it! That's why you can buy these in my etsy store: 
 http://www.etsy.com/listing/89699758/tin-chalkboard-planter-set-of-two

No comments:

Post a Comment