Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Modern Art

No need to spend too much money on the decor in your house because you can just make it yourself! This project is so simple and fun to do.
For this project I just used paint and masking tape I already had at the house - making it a very inexpensive project.

Bearcake Creations is a great blog if you are interested in fine foods, creative DIY projects, and photography tutorials. Explore the site using the labels on the right. Be sure to leave a comment or "follow" and you will absolutely brighten my day!!!


Materials:
  • Canvas - I used 16x20 - Around $7 each
  • Masking Tape - maybe $2
  • Spray Paint or Paint - About $5 Depending on what you use
  • Paintbrush - If using regular paint - under $1

Directions:

This project is extremely easy to do. Simply begin by taping your canvas in your desired pattern - or rather lack thereof. Either spray paint or use regular paint on the canvas. Let dry to the recommendations on your paint container. Apply a second layer and let dry. Once it has completely dried, carefully peel the tape off and viola! You're done.

  Helpful Tips: 
I used regular paint that I had laying around the house and old masking tape, but the tape bubbled up and therefore the paint leaked under; which ruined the painting. I am going to buy spray paint and new masking tape before I try this again. 


Don't feel like making your own? I get it! That's why you can buy these on my etsy store: 
http://www.etsy.com/listing/89241092/modern-art 

No comments:

Post a Comment